- Serves: 3
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 scant tsp chopped ginger
- 1 rounded tsp garlic paste
- 15 g raw cashew nuts
- 1 rounded tsp tomato purée
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2-1 tsp sugar
- 150 g chicken, cooked tandoori
- 15 g butter
- 2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- lemon juice, to taste
- naan breads, to serve
1. Put the tomatoes, ginger, garlic paste and nuts into a small saucepan, bring to the boil and boil for 15 minutes, breaking up the tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon. Add a splash of hot water to keep the mixture loose.
2. Remove the nuts and pound to a fine purée using a pestle and mortar.
3. Stir back into the pan together with the tomato purée, chilli powder, paprika, salt to taste and the sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes, adding hot water if it gets too thick. The sauce should have the consistency of single cream.
4. Add the chicken and butter, and cook for another 7 minutes over a moderate heat to let the flavours mingle.
5. Stir in the fenugreek, garam masala and lemon juice, adjust the seasoning with more salt if necessary and serve hot with naan bread.
Rate This Recipe