- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus proving
- Effort: easy
- 1 x 280 g packet readymade pizza base mix
- 100 g chorizo
- 350 g button mushrooms
- 1/2 tbsp thyme, leaves only
- 6 tbsp hummus
- 125 g mozzarella
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6 and place a piece of greaseproof paper onto a baking sheet.
2. Make the dough according to the instructions on the packet and knead until smooth and pliable. Roll out and shape into a rectangle about 25 x 35cm. Place on the baking sheet, cover and leave to prove for about 20 minutes.
3. Cut the chorizo and mushrooms into pieces. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the chorizo and cook for 2 minutes or until the oils are released into the pan.
4. Gradually add the mushrooms and thyme mixing well between each addition.
5. Cook for 5-10 minutes, until any liquid has evaporated. Leave to cool slightly.
6. Spread the hummus over the proved dough, leaving a 1-2cm border around the edge.
7. Spoon the mushroom topping over and spread out to cover the hummus.
8. Tear the mozzarella cheese into pieces and scatter over the pizza.
9. Transfer the pizza to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until golden and bubbling. Remove from the oven and slide onto a serving plate or chopping board and serve hot.
Rate This Recipe