- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 50 g butter
- 8 medium shallots, peeled
- 800 g button mushrooms, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, rushed
- 400 ml white wine
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 4 tbsp crème fraiche or soured cream
- 2 tbsp sage, chopped (optional)
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp tarragon
- warm bread, to serve
For the filo baskets:
- 50 g butter, melted
- 8 sheets filo pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. First make the filo cases. Lightly brush the insides of 4 ramekins with a little of the melted butter.
3. Lay 2 separate sheets of filo on a clean work surface. Brush each sheet lightly with melted butter. Top each filo sheet with another filo sheet. Cut the layered sheets in half, making 4 layered filo rectangles.
4. Gently press the filo rectangles into the ramekins, so that the corners stick up out of the ramekins.
5. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes until the filo cases are golden and crispy. Set aside to cool.
6. Heat a frying pan and add the butter. Once the butter has melted add the chopped shallots and mushrooms. Fry, stirring, for 2 minutes.
7. Add the garlic and fry for a further minute. Pour in the white wine and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add the stock, cranberry sauce (reserving a teaspoon) and crème fraiche (reserving a tablespoon). Mix together well and bring to a simmer.
9. Add the sage if using and cook for 2 more minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
10. Spoon the mushroom fricassee into the filo baskets and top with the reserved crème fraiche and cranberry sauce and sprinkle with the chopped tarragon.
11. Serve with warm bread.
Rate This Recipe