- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 15 g porcini mushrooms
- knob of butter
- olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 250 g whole mushrooms, enocchi, chestnut or girolles
- 450 g fresh pappardelle pasta
- freshly grated parmesan, to taste
- large handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1. Place the porcini in a bowl, and pour over enough water to just cover them and leave for 15 mins.
2. Melt a knob of butter in a large saucepan with a glug of olive oil. Peel, crush and chop 4 cloves of garlic, finely slice 2 shallots, and add into the saucepan and gently fry until the shallots are just turning golden.
3. Drain the porcini, and then add to them with the whole mushrooms into the saucepan and fry until tender.
4. Meanwhile heat a saucepan of water and once boiling, add the fresh pappardelle and cook until al dente.
5. When the pasta is ready, drain into a colander, and then splash the pasta saucepan with olive oil, and return the pasta to it.
6. Tip the mushroom mixture in with the pasta and turn it over gently until everything is combined.
7. Serve sprinkled with grated parmesan, a handful of roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley and a good drizzle of olive oil.
Rate This Recipe