- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 200 g large field mushrooms, chopped
- 150 g mini portobello mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 150 g natural set yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large heavy based saucepan, fry the onions until soft.
2. Add the 150g of the field mushrooms and all the portabello mushrooms and fry 3 4 minutes until coated in the oil and are beginning to cook.
3. Sprinkle over the paprika and add the hot stock.
4. Bring to the boil and cover, cook 15 minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
5. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the remaining 50g of sliced field mushrooms until browned and slightly crispy and reserve for the topping.
6. Blend the soup in a food processor until the mushrooms are broken down, blend in the yogurt, and parsley, heat through for 1 minute, season to taste.
7. Top with the crispy mushrooms and serve with crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe