- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes plus 2 hrs 30 mins cooking time for confit
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 shop bought vol-au-vent cases
- 2 confit duck legs, heated and shredded finely. See cook's tips below
- olive oil
- 500 g selection of mushrooms, (button, Swiss brown, enoki, chestnut etc.), finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 25 g butter
- 125 ml white wine
- 100 ml cream
- The juice and zest of ½ lemons
- ½ bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Tips and Suggestions
Try Galton Blackiston's duck confit recipe if you don't have your own.
1. Heat the vol au vent cases in a 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4 oven for 10 minutes or follow packet directions.
2. Heat the olive oil and butter and add the mushrooms and garlic. Sauté until golden. Now add white wine and reduce. Add cream and reduce again. Season with salt and pepper and add lemon juice. Finish off with the parsley.
3. Incorporate half of the shredded duck meat to the mushroom mixture. Fill the vol au vents with the mushroom and duck. Garnish with a little more of the duck.
Rate This Recipe