- Serves: 4, as a starter
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 250 ml dry sherry
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 kg mussels, cleaned
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large pan set over a low heat and add the garlic. Cook until softened, but not coloured.
2. Add the parsley, sherry, chilli and seasoning and boil the liquid for 30 seconds. Toss in the mussels, cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the shells have opened.
3. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Rate This Recipe