- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- olive oil, for frying
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 kg mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 1 tbsp thyme, finely chopped
- 100 ml white wine
1. Place a large pan on a medium heat and add a splash of olive oil, followed by the crushed garlic and cook for 1 minute.
2. Turn the heat up to high and stir in the mussels, thyme and white wine.
3. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the shells have opened.
4. Transfer the mussels and juices to a large serving dish and serve with chunky bread to mop up the juices.
Rate This Recipe