- Serves: 4 as a starter, 2 for a main course
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the garlic butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- splashes cognac
- handfuls parsley
- dashes of tabasco
- 250 g butter, softened
For the mussels
- 1 kg mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
- handfuls breadcrumbs
- splashes lemon juice
1. To make the garlic butter, put the garlic, cognac, parsley, and Tabasco in a food processor and blitz. Add the softened butter and blend until green and smooth.
2. Preheat a grill to hot.
3. Put the mussels in a pan with a splash of water, turn up the heat, cover, and wait for them to open, discarding any that don't. When the mussels are cooled, remove the top shell of each and place the mussels in a grill pan.
4. Put a teaspoon of the mussel liquid into each mussel shell.
5. Mix the breadcrumbs with the garlic butter, placing half a tablespoonful on top of each mussel.
6. Grill until the butter has melted and the top is golden. Finish with a squeeze of lemon and serve with a rocket and tomato salad.
Rate This Recipe