- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 400 g mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 100 g fresh thin egg noodles, cut into 2.5cm lengths
- 22 stalks lemongrass, finely chopped
- 4 lime leaves
- 2.5cm piece ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 400 ml tinned coconut milk
- 8 lychees, peeled
- zest and juice of 1 limes
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- nigella seed flatbreads, to serve
1. Discard any mussels with damaged or broken shells, and any open mussels that do not close when sharply tapped with a knife.
2. Place a large, heavy-based saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the wine, noodles, lemongrass, lime leaves, ginger and chillies.
3. Add the mussels, cover and shake for 2 minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk, cover and cook for a further 2 minutes.
5. Add the lychees and the lime zest and juice and stir.
6. Discard any unopened mussels.
7. Transfer into a large serving bowl, sprinkle with the chopped coriander and serve with Nigella Seed Flatbread.
Rate This Recipe