- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 pork chops
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 500 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp mild mustard, (moutarde de meaux)
1. Take the pork chops and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat and add the pork chops. Fry until dark and sticky and then turn the chops over and continue to fry until the chops are cooked through. Remove the chops from the pan and keep warm.
3. Turn up the heat and pour in the wine to de-glaze the pan. As it bubbles away, it will form a richly flavoured syrup.
4. Stir in the cream. DON'T be tempted to use crème fraîche - it will split and curdle.
5. Stir in the mustard and cook for a couple of minutes until thickened. Season to taste and serve immediately with the pork chops.
Rate This Recipe