- Serves: Makes 10 burgers
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the burger
- 2 kg minced mutton or lamb
- 200 g shallots, finely diced
- 5 egg whites
- 20 g sea salt
- 10 g cracked white peppercorns
- 10 g ready-mixed barbecue spices
- 20 ml Worcestershire sauce
For the artichoke crisps
- 1 kg jerusalem artichokes, peeled
- sunflower oil, for deep frying
- fried eggs, to serve (optional)
1. Mix all the ingredients for the burger together in a stainless steel bowl and refrigerate for 3 hours.
2. Shape the mixture into burgers, each weighing 200g.
3. Brush the burgers with olive oil and cook on a hot char-grill or barbecue for about 4 minutes on both sides, until just cooked.
4. Meanwhile, make the crisps. Slice the artichokes very thinly.
5. Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 180C and fry the crisps for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and season with salt.
6. Serve the burgers with the crisps, and accompany with a fried egg, if liked.
Rate This Recipe