- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 1.5 hours 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 500 g white number 50 flour, or all-purpose flour
- 10 g baking powder
- 10 g salt
- 13 g dried yeast
- 100 ml water
- 10 g sugar
- 120 ml milk
- 4 g ghee
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together into a bowl.
2. Dissolve the yeast in the water with the sugar and milk. Leave for 10-15 minutes, or until frothing.
3. Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture and mix to form a dough. Knead well on a clean work surface for about ten minutes, or until the dough is smooth. Form into a ball, then place into a bowl and add the ghee to coat. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave to rest in a warm, dry place for one hour, or until doubled in size.
4. Preheat the oven to its highest temperature and place a baking tray into the oven to heat up.
5. Knock back the dough, then divide into balls. Roll the balls out into triangle-shaped naans, about 25cm in length and 13cm at its widest. Remove the tray from the oven and place the naan on top, then return to the oven and bake for 3-5 minutes, or until the naan is puffed up and golden. Repeat with the remaining naans.
6. Turn the grill onto its highest setting, then place the naans under the grill. Grill for about one minute, or until the tops of the naans bubble and brown slightly.
7. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe