- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the sauce
- 200 ml Greek yogurt, strained
- handfuls mint leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
For the aubergine
- 600 g roughly chopped orange-fleshed sweet potatoes
- 2 small aubergines
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 20 ml olive oil
- 10 g butter
- 2 tbsp mint leaves, finely chopped
- 150 g Greek feta cheese, roughly chopped
- fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. To make the sauce, place the yogurt, mint and garlic in a small bowl and mix well.
2. Slice the pomegranate in half and scoop the seeds into the bowl, add the pomegranate molasses and stir to combine. Keep refrigerated until needed.
3. Place the potato chunks in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Add half a teaspoon of salt and simmer gently for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside.
4. Cut the aubergines into slices, each about ½ centimetre thick. Season lightly and dust with flour.
5. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the aubergine slices until gloden on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper.
6. Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
7. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the cooked sweet potato, mint and feta cheese.
8. On a lightly greased baking sheet, layer the aubergine and potato mix in four neat piles, starting with the largest slices at the bottom and finishing with the smallest slices on top. Bake for 5 minutes.
9. Serve hot with the pomegranate sauce.
Rate This Recipe