- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 mackerel fillets, cleaned
- sunflower oil, for frying
- 125 g white long grain rice, cooked
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 200 shelled cooked prawns, roughly chopped
- 5 cm chunk of cucumber, quartered lengthways and sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
For the nasi goreng paste:
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 large shallots
- 20 g salted peanuts
- 3 small green chillies
- 1 tbsp dried shrimp paste
- 2 tbsp ketjap manis, (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
1. Pan-fry the mackerel in a hot pan in a little sunflower oil. Cook for 2 minutes then remove from the heat and allow to cool. Once cooled, roughly flake.
2. For the nasi goreng paste: put all the paste ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Pour some oil into a hot wok and add the cooked rice. Add 2tbs of the paste and stir fry. Add the prawns and continue to cook, coating the prawns in the paste.
4. Add the spring onions, then the flaked mackerel. Stir well and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
5. Fry one egg per person in the mackerel pan. You want the yolk to remain runny.
6. Add the cucumber to the rice just before you are ready to serve.
7. Plate the rice on the serving plate and place the fried egg on top, drizzle with soy sauce and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe