- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 pack ready-rolled puff pastry, 375g
- 100 g marzipan, coarsely grated
- 8 large plums, halved and stoned
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 250 g mascarpone
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- 1 eggs, beaten with a little milk, to glaze
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Roll the pastry out to make a 30cm x 25cm rectangle and place on non-stick paper. Using a sharp knife, score a border in the pastry 1cm from the edge - cut halfway through the dough, rather than all the way. Prick all over the centre with a fork, excluding the border.
3. Sprinkle the marzipan evenly over the pastry base, within the scored lines. Arrange the plums on top of the marzipan, cut side up.
4. Dust the plums with cinnamon. Spoon 1 teaspoon of mascarpone in the hollowed out centre of each and sprinkle with a little demerara sugar. Glaze the border of the pastry with the beaten egg and milk.
5. Place on a baking tray and chill for about 15 minutes. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and the plums are tender.
Rate This Recipe