- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 pinches salt
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 140 ml warm water
- 180 g '00' flour, plain
- 1 tbsp extra virgin Italian olive oil
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp extra virgin Italian olive oil
1. Mix the salt and the yeast in a bowl with the water.
2. In another large bowl make a well in the centre of the flour and then pour in the water mixture and the extra virgin olive oil.
3. Mix well with a wooden spoon until a doughy texture is formed. You can use an electric mixer for this. Turn out the dough onto a clean well floured surface and work it with your hands for approximately 3 minutes.
4. Place in a bowl, cover with a towel, leave in a warm place and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes, until the dough nearly doubles in size.
Pre-heat the oven to 220º degrees.
5. Once rested, turn out the dough onto a floured surface and using your hands, push out to create a round pizza shape, approximately 25cm in diameter. Place the pizza base on an oiled baking tray.
6. Spread with tomatoes and add oregano, garlic and extra virgin olive oil. Bake for about twenty minutes in a hot oven.
7. This pizza may also be baked with Buffalo mozzarella, ham, rocket leaves, Parma ham, mushrooms, fresh basil leaves and spicy sausage.
Rate This Recipe