- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 8 baby artichokes or avocados
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 1 kg neck lamb fillet
- 100 ml olive oil
- 250 ml white wine
- Sautéed new potatoes, to serve
1. Peel away the tough outside leaves of the artichokes and trim off the tips, you should end up with a small, compact ball of artichoke, all of which will be edible when cooked. Slice them into quarters and put immediately into a bowl of water mixed with half the lemon juice. If you can't find baby artichokes, use artichoke hearts in oil, and cut them in half.
2. Slice the lamb into 1-1.5cm pieces. Heat the oil in a frying pan until smoking. Fry the lamb, in batches if necessary, until brown on one side. Turn and brown on the other side. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon, pour over the remaining lemon juice, season and keep warm.
3. Drain the artichoke pieces and pat dry with kitchen towel. Put them into the frying pan and let them sizzle for a minute or two, turning from time to time. Pour in the wine and cook at a gentle trot to allow it to evaporate just a bit, for approximately 15-20 minutes and cook the artichokes at the same time.
4. Plate up the artichokes and the lamb, alongside some sautéed new potatoes.
Rate This Recipe