- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
For the shortcrust pastry
- 115 g butter, softened
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 185 g plain flour, sifted
For the nectarines
- 3 nectarines, halved and pitted
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
For the ricotta:
- 450 g ricotta cheese
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ ground ginger
- ¼ ground cardamom
- 1 egg
- 40 g caster sugar, plus extra for dusting
Tips and Suggestions
You can use ready-made shortcrust pastry or even a ready-made pastry case to make this recipe even easier and quicker
1. For the shortcrust pastry: Beat butter and sugar in an electric mixer for 3-5 minutes, or until pale and creamy. Add egg yolk, vanilla and a small pinch of salt, mix until just combined. Add flour and mix until just combined, wrap in cling film, pat into a flat, round disc and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Roll pastry between two sheets of baking paper to 3mm thick. Remove top layer of baking paper and invert into a 20cm diameter tart tin. Remove remaining baking paper and using your fingers, lightly press the pastry into the sides of the tin - don't worry if it is a bit crumbly. Trim edges to fit and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Make a circle of baking parchment and line in the tart tin. Add some cereamic baking beans inside to weigh down the pastry and bake blind for 10-15 minutes or until the pastry is a pale golden colour. After this time, remove the paper and beans and bake for 5 more minutes until the pastry is crisp. Cool on a wire rack.
4. For the nectarines: Meanwhile, combine nectarines, sugar and 20ml water in a bowl and toss to coat. Place nectarines, cut-side up, on a baking paper-lined tray and roast for 10 minutes or until soft and golden When cool enough to handle, cut into wedges and set aside.
5. For the spiced ricotta: Beat ingredients in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
6. When the pastry is cool, spoon the ricotta into the case and arrange the nectarines on top. Scatter with extra sugar and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tart is just golden and firm to touch. Cool to room temperature before serving.
See more tart recipes
Recipe created by Reuben Riffel, the head chef at Reubens Restaurant for Beautiful Country, Beautiful Fruit.
Rate This Recipe