- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 large eating apples, (eg. egremont russet or braeburn)
- 55 g blackberries
- handfuls of cranberries
- 30 g chopped pecans
- 25 g oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 125 ml agave syrup, plus extra for drizzling
- 150 ml apple juice
- crème fraîche, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Make a 'lid' out of the top of each apple by cutting around the stem - each one should be about 5cm across.
3. Set the lids aside and remove the core from the rest of the apple with a corer or sharp knife.
4. Mix together the blackberries, cranberries, pecans, oats, cinnamon and agave syrup in a bowl to make the stuffing.
5. Arrange the cored apples in an ovenproof dish and spoon the stuffing into them. Put the lids on top and drizzle a little agave syrup over each apple.
6. Pour the juice into the dish around the apples and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes until tender and cooked through. Spoon the juice over the apples every so often as they are cooking.
7. Serve warm with crème fraîche.
Rate This Recipe