- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g potatoes, anya or pink fir-apple potatoes, halved
- 200 g fine green beans
- 12 quail's eggs
- 1 romaine lettuce, shredded (heart only)
- 400 g tinned tuna, in spring water, drained
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- 1 red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 limes, grated rind and juice
- 1 pinches fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes, adding the beans to the pan for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking time.
2. Meanwhile, cook the eggs in a pan of boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain well and cool under running water until completely cold.
3. To make the dressing, stir together the capers, chilli, garlic, olive oil and lime rind and juice, adding salt and pepper to taste.
4. Drain the potatoes and beans then cool under running water until completely cold. Shell and halve the eggs.
5. Loosely toss together the lettuce, tuna, potatoes, beans, eggs and dressing. Serve the salad as soon as it is tossed.
The Hi Lo Cookbook contains all recipes from this series, buy it now at amazon.co.uk
Rate This Recipe