- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 1 hr resting
- Effort: medium
For the cookies
- 275 g butter
- 275 g demerara sugar
- 250 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 560 g plain flour
- 2 g salt
- 440 g chocolate
For the zabaglione
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 125 ml strong coffee, cooled
- 250 ml double cream
1. First, make the cookies. Cream together the butter and sugars until smooth and pale.
2. Mix in the eggs, one by one, then stir in the flour and salt.
3. Mix in the chocolate buttons, roll the cookie dough into a log shape, wrap in cling film and rest in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 170ºC/gas 3.
5. Slice the cookie dough into 1cm thick slices and place on a greased baking sheet.
6. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, remove and cool on a wire rack.
7. To make the zabaglione, whisk the yolks and sugar together in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
8. Add in the coffee and whisk for a further five minutes, or until the mixture has thickened enough to hold its shape when dropped off the whisk into the bowl.
9. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until soft peaks form.
10. Gently fold the cream into the coffee mixture.
11. Serve the zabaglione with the chocolate chip cookies.
Rate This Recipe