- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the salad
- 100 g French beans
- 200 g mixed salad leaves
- 50 g black olives
- 50 g baby tomatoes
For the poached eggs
- 1 splashes white wine vinegar
- 4 eggs
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp rhubarb and orange chutney
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp water
1. Blanch the beans in a large pan of boiling salted water until tender, but still retaining some resistance to the bite. Drain well and plunge into a bowl of ice cold water to cool. Drain again and set aside.
2. For the poached eggs: bring a wide shallow pan of water to the boil. Add a splash of vinegar and a pinch of salt, and lower the heat so the water is at a simmer.
3. Break the eggs into the pan and poach for 3 minutes. Lift each egg out with a slotted spoon and drain briefly on kitchen paper.
4. For the salad: scatter the leaves, blanched beans, olives and tomatoes on four plates, top each serving with the poached egg.
5. For the dressing: mix together the dressing ingredients and drizzle the dressing over the salad. Serve at once.
Made with produce from Spinney Kitchen - finalists of the Local Food Hero Awards 2007.
Rate This Recipe