- Serves: Makes 1 litre
- Cook Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Prep Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Effort: easy
- 700 g Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250 g cranberries
- 350 ml apple cider vinegar
- 200 g sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
1. Slice the apples into halves. Slice the halves lengthways into smaller pieces, roughly 0.5cm width.
2. Place the apple pieces and finely chopped onion into a saucepan with all the other ingredients and 2 tsp salt. Heat the mixture until it is simmering quickly. Cook the mixture for 45 minutes, or until the chutney has thickened slightly and the fruit has become soft.
3. Spoon the mixture into sterilized jars and screw the lids onto the jars tightly. Allow to cool before storing in a cool, dark place.
Rate This Recipe