- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g unsalted mixed nuts, : peeled peanuts, cashews, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans and whole unpeeled almonds
- 2 tbsp rosemary, fresh, coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp dark brown sugar, preferably muscovado
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Tips and Suggestions
More picking food, and ludicrously easy to make. You might think that nuts, untampered with, are perfect picking food as they are, and up to a point you'd be right. But try these, modestly adapted from the recipe for spiced nuts served at the Union Square Café in New York and you'll truly know what perfection is.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Toss the nuts in a large bowl to combine and spread them out on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 10 minutes, or until they become light golden brown.
3. In a large bowl, combine the rosemary, cayenne, muscavado sugar, salt and melted butter.
4. Thoroughly toss the toasted nuts with the spiced butter. Serve warm.
Rate This Recipe