- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus cooling time
- Effort: easy
- 75 ml Kikusui Mukantei sake, or other light sake
- 15 ml rose syrup, (see below)
- 3 slices lemons
- 1 dashes of mineral water, chilled
- ice cubes, for shaking
- 3 red rose petals, for decoration
For the rose syrup
- 1 handfuls fresh red rose petals
- caster sugar
Tips and Suggestions
Leftover rose syrup can be stored in a sealed bottle in the fridge indefinitely.
1. For the rose syrup: put the rose petals into a small saucepan and add water to cover. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Cool.
2. Strain through a sieve into a measuring cup, then return liquid to a clean saucepan. Add an equal amount of caster sugar and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Leave to cool.
4. Put all cocktail ingredients into a cocktail shaker with some ice and shake to blend. Strain into a chilled martini glass and decorate with rose petals.
Rate This Recipe