- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g dried or fresh egg noodles
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp finely chopped spring onions, to garnish
For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp sesame paste or peanut butter
- 1 and a half tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 tsp chilli bean sauce
- 3 tsp Chinese white rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- 2 tsp orange juice
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- half tsp salt
- half tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp ground roasted sichuan peppercorns
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 and a half tsp sesame oil
Tips and Suggestions
As it's served cold, the sauce can be made in advance and kept refrigerated until you're ready to serve the dish.
1. Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling water for 3-5 minutes, then drain and plunge them in cold water.
2. Drain the noodles thoroughly and toss them with the sesame oil. Arrange them on a platter or in a large bowl.
3. Make the sauce by simply mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl or blender.
4. To serve, pour the sauce on top of the noodles and toss well, then garnish with the spring onions.
Rate This Recipe