- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 100 g ground almonds
- 100 g cashew nuts, finely chopped
- 55 g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 1 small lemon, finely grated zest and juice, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped, plus extra sprigs to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and brush a 700ml loaf tin with oil and line with baking paper.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and fry over a medium heat, stirring, for 34 minutes until soft. Stir in the almonds, cashew nuts, breadcrumbs, stock, lemon zest, lemon juice and rosemary. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir well to mix.
3. Press the mixture into the prepared tin, brush with oil and bake in the preheated oven for 3035 minutes, until golden brown and firm. Turn out and serve hot, garnished with rosemary sprigs, lemon slices and extra black pepper.
Want to see more? Take a look at our vegetarian Christmas recipes.
Rate This Recipe