- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus freezing time
- Effort: medium
For the chocolate parfait
- 400 ml whipping cream
- 200 ml milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 7 egg yolks
- 150 g caster sugar
- 200 g dark chocolate, grated
For the rum parfait
- 2 egg yolks
- 25 g sugar
- 2 tbsp white rum
- 50 g white chocolate, grated
- 150 ml whipping cream
For the hot fruits
- 25 g butter
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1 punnet blueberries
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 50 ml rum
- chocolate decorations, to serve
1. For the chocolate parfait: heat the cream, milk and vanilla together and set aside to infuse for around 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, whisk the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the infused cream and continue whisking the mixture over the heat until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
3. Stir in the grated chocolate, blending until smooth. Leave the mixture to cool, then churn in an ice cream machine until nearly set but spreadable.
4. Line a pudding basin with cling film and smear the iced chocolate mixture around the sides of the bowl, leaving a hollow in the middle. Place in the freezer.
5. For the rum parfait: whisk the eggs, sugar and rum together in a bowl over a pan of simmering water until ribbony. Stir in the white chocolate, then leave to cool. Whip the cream lightly and fold it through the white chocolate mixture.
6. Take the chocolate-lined bowl from the freezer. Pour the rum parfait into the middle and return to the freezer for 2 hours to firm.
7. When ready to serve, unmould the bombe from the bowl - you can do this by dipping the bowl in hot water - and arrange the chocolate decorations on it.
8. Heat the butter in a small frying pan and sauté the diced pineapple, blueberries and raisins together. Pour on the rum and flambé the fruits. Serve the hot fruits with the ice-cold bombe.
Rate This Recipe