- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 180 ml water
- 125 g pitted dates
- grated zest and juice of ½ lemons
- grated zest and juice of ½ oranges
- a few drops of vanilla essence
- 2 tsp camp coffee
- 6 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 90 g butter
- 4 eggs
- 50 g walnuts, chopped
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 125 g mincemeat
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of mixed spice
- almond tuiles, to serve
For the clementine sugar:
- 100 g sugar
- zest of 2 clementines
For the sauce:
- 230 g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- 12 tbsp whipping cream
- 100 g butter
- 2 tbsp pecans, chopped
For the snowflake ice cream:
- vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- snowflake - white chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/gas 2.
2. Simmer the water and the dates together in a pan for 10 minutes.
3. Add the lemon and orange zest, vanilla flavouring, camp coffee and bicarbonate of soda, mixing well.
4. Make the clementine sugar by blending together the sugar and clementine zest in a food processor until well-mixed.
5. In a mixing bowl, cream together the clementine sugar and butter.
6. Mix in the eggs, add the walnuts, flour, mincemeat, cinnamon and mixed spice, mixing well, then mix in the date mixture.
7. Pour into a greased roasting tray and bake for 25 minutes until spongy. Allow to cool slightly.
8. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Boil the sugar and water together in a pan until it caramelises, turning golden brown.
9. Stir in the cream and butter and finally the chopped pecans.
10. Make the snowflake ice cream by mixing the crushed white chocolate into the ice cream.
11. To serve, cut out four individual rounds of the sponge pudding. Spoon over the sauce and serve with almond tuiles and the snowflake ice cream.
Rate This Recipe