- Serves: Makes 28 cookies
- Cook Time: 12 minutes to 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 175 g self-raising flour
- 75 g porridge oats
- 175 g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 175 g butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Grease 2 large baking trays.
2. Put the flour, oats, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
3. Put the butter and golden syrup into a pan, heat over a low heat, stirring until the butter has melted and combined with the syrup. Pour into the mixing bowl and stir until combined. You may need to use your hands to keep the dough together.
4. Turn out of the bowl onto a work surface and divide into about 28 and shape into balls, about 2cm thick.
5. Arrange on the baking trays, not too close to each other as they spread. Press the tops to flatten a little.
6. Bake for about 12-15 minutes until golden brown and firm. Remove from the oven and using a fish slice, transfer to a cooling rack to cool and firm up.
Rate This Recipe