- Serves: makes 12
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g rolled oats
- 100 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 50 g white vegetable fat
- 100 g mature cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 3 tbsp milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Mix the rolled oats, flour, rosemary, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Rub in the vegetable fat using clean finger tips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Mix in the grated Cheddar.
3. Stir together the honey and milk and add to the dry ingredients. Bring the mixture together to form a soft dough then roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1cm thickness.
4. Using a 5cm cutter stamp out about 12 rounds and place onto a non-stick baking sheet.
5. Cook for 15 minutes. Allow to cool on tray for 15 minutes then carefully remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Keep stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Rate This Recipe