- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 250 g lumaconi rigati, (giant pasta shells)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, thinly chopped
- 2 clove garlic, thinly chopped
- 1 large courgette, diced
- 200 ml dry white wine
- juice of ½ lemons
- ½ red peppers, deseeded and diced
- ½ yellow peppers, deseeded and diced
- 500 g mixed prepared seafood, such as scallops, prawns, squid, mussels
- 2 tsp thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 25 g low-fat hard cheese, grated
- 25 g reduced-fat mozzarella, coarsely grated
- 2 tsp finely grated parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
For the tomato sauce:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- pinch of sugar
- lemon wedges
- rocket salad
Tips and Suggestions
Include some white fish with the seafood if you like.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil.
2. Next make the tomato sauce. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic, and gently fry for a few minutes until soft but not coloured. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the diced tomatoes. Cook until beginning to soften, then add the canned tomatoes. Cook for a minute or two, then season with a good pinch of sugar. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Add the lumaconi to the boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes, then drain and set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry the shallots and garlic until soft but not coloured.
5. Add the diced courgette and cook until it begins to colour and soften slightly.
6. Reduce the heat a little and stir in the wine and lemon juice.
7. When the liquid has almost evaporated, stir in the peppers, then add the seafood, thyme, parsley and black pepper to taste. Cook for a further minute.
8. Place the lumaconi in a lasagne dish, hollow side facing upwards. Pour the seafood mixture over the lumaconi, distributing it evenly. Add the tomato sauce, spreading it evenly to cover the entire dish.
9. Sprinkle with the grated cheeses, finishing with the Parmesan.
10. Place on a low shelf in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
11. Serve with rocket salad and lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe