- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 1 hr rising
- Effort: medium
For the pizza dough
- 1 pinches salt
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 140 ml warm water
- 180 g '00' flour, or strong bread flour
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the filling
- 300 g octopus, cleaned
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, diced
- 24 black olives, pitted
- 10 basil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. To make the pizza dough, mix the salt and yeast in a bowl with the warm water.
2. In another large bowl, make a well in the centre of the flour and add the yeast mixture and olive oil.
3. Mix well with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes together as a dough. Turn out the dough onto a clean, well-floured surface and knead with your hands for around 3 minutes.
4. Place the dough in a bowl, cover with a clean tea towel, and leave in a warm place to rest for at least 20 minutes - until the dough has almost doubled in size.
5. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7. Pat the dough out on a baking tray and flatten, using your hands, into a 30cm circle. Leave on one side.
6. Roughly chop the octopus tentacles, and boil in lightly salted water until just tender - about 30-40 minutes. Drain, and transfer the cooked octopus to a large bowl and add the oil, garlic, chilli, tomatoes, olives and basil leaves. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
7. Spoon this filling over one half of the dough. Carefully fold the other half over the filling, sealing the edges together well.
8. Bake for 25 minutes until golden, and serve straight from the oven.
Rate This Recipe