- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 leeks, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 bottle wine, preferably Bordeaux
- 500 g cleaned octopus
- 1 potato, peeled
- 1 cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 sprigs rosemary
- 100 g black Kalamata olives, in olive oil
1. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan and gently cook the chopped vegetables until translucent. Add the red wine and cook steadily until reduced by a quarter.
2. Add the octopus and the whole potato with the remaining ingredients leaving the last 2 tablespoons olive oil for finishing. Cook for 1 hour. To check if the octopus is cooked, insert a knife into the potato, if it slides in without any tension, the octopus is cooked.
3. To serve: remove the potato from the pan. Season the stew with salt and pepper and add the remaining olive oil.
Rate This Recipe