- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 egg
- 175 ml evaporated milk
- 115 g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 40 g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 40 g smooth Japanese red bean paste
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- caster sugar, for coating
1. In a small bowl, beat the egg and milk together.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
3. Add in the milk and egg mixture, mixing well.
4. Beat in the red bean paste.
5. Heat the vegetable oil for deep-frying in a wok or deep fat-fryer.
6. Add in separate tablespoons of the red bean mixture to form the fritters, frying them in batches for 5 minutes until golden on all sides.
7. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on greaseproof paper, roll the fritters in caster sugar and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe