- Serves: 3 litres
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 3 days setting aside
- Effort: easy
- 8 unwaxed lemons
- 1kg 800g granulated sugar
- 2400 ml boiling water
1. Grate the zest of the lemons and squeeze the juice out. Place in a bowl. Now cut up the lemons and add those to the bowl.
2. Place the sugar in a very large container. Pour the boiling water over the top and leave to cool.
3. Now add the tartaric acid and the lemon juice, zest and chopped lemon skins.
4. Leave in a cool place for 3 days, stirring now and then.
5. Strain through some muslin and bottle. It will keep for about 5 weeks in the fridge.
6. Serve diluted with fizzy water and ice.
Rate This Recipe