- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml milk, plus extra for brushing
- 150 ml double cream
- 300 g self-raising flour, plus extra for flouring
- 50 g feta cheese
- 50 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 50 g kalamata olives
- butter, for greasing
- salted butter or crème fraîche, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Whisk the eggs, cream and milk together in a bowl. Sieve the flour into a separate bowl and add the liquid mixture to the flour, gently mixing. Before all the ingredients are fully incorporated, stir in the feta, cheddar, olives and a pinch of salt.
3. Gently mix to make a soft dough. Dust a clean work surface with flour and tip the dough onto the floured surface. Roll out to 2-3 cm thickness and cut out circles with a cookie cutter.
4. Grease a baking tray with butter, transfer the dough circles onto the tray and brush with a little milk.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the scones are golden-brown, puffed up slightly and cooked all the way through. Serve warm with salted butter or crème fraîche.
Rate This Recipe