- Serves: makes 1 loaf
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 2 hrs resting
- Effort: medium
- 500 g plain flour
- 15 g salt
- 20 g fresh yeast
- 100 ml olive oil
- 300 ml water
For the topping:
- 120 g pitted black olives
- handful of chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Place the flour, salt, yeast, olive oil and water in a mixing bowl and mix together to make a dough. Knead until smooth.
2. Set the dough aside to rest for 1 hour.
3. Knead the olives and coriander into the dough and spread out on a baking sheet, flattening it out into a rough oval. Brush with one tablespoon of olive oil and make indentations with your fingers over the surface of the dough. Set aside to rest for 1 more hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
5. Bake the dough for 25 minutes, until golden and set.
6. Remove the bread from the oven, brush with the remaining olive oil. Set aside to cool.
7. Serve when cooled.
Rate This Recipe