- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 eggs
- 125 g caster sugar
- grated zest of 1 lemons
- 90 ml vin santo or marsala
- 175 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for oiling
- 170 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- poached fruits
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat the sugar and eggs together until well-blended.
3. Add the lemon zest, Vin Santo, milk and olive oil and beat together.
4. Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold in.
5. Oil a 24cm spring-form cake tin with extra-virgin olive oil. Pour in the cake mixture.
6. Bake the cake for 45 minutes until set and cooked through. Cool on a wire rack.
7. Serve the cake with Mascarpone and poached fruits.
Rate This Recipe