- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g undyed smoked haddock, (preferably Finnan Haddock)
- milk, to cover
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 slice of onions
- 2 sprigs of parsley
- 4 eggs
- black pepper
- a knob of butter
- 2 tbsp double cream, whipped
- 1-2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- grilled tomatoes
- a handful of watercress
1. Place the smoked haddock in a saucepan. Add in enough milk to cover the haddock, together with the bay leaf, onion and parsley.
2. Simmer the haddock gently for 3-4 minutes until the flesh is opaque. Remove the haddock and skin and flake it.
3. Whisk the eggs in a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Melt the butter in a heavy-based medium frying pan over a moderate heat.
5. Pour in the whisked eggs, tilting the pan to spread them evenly.
6. Fry the omelette until the top is almost set but still slightly runny. Scatter over the smoked haddock flakes and spoon over the double cream. Sprinkle over the Parmesan cheese.
7. Meanwhile, preheat the grill until hot. Finish the omelette off under the grill until brown and bubbling.
8. Serve at once with grilled tomatoes, garnished with watercress.
Rate This Recipe