- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 600 g butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 4-5cm chunks
- 2 courgettes, cut into 4-5cm chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 6 sprigs rosemary, plus some finely chopped leaves to garnish
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 slices prosciutto, trimmed of excess fat
- 400 g cannellini beans
Tips and Suggestions
Cut the squash and courgettes into similar sized pieces so they cook evenly.
Use a vegetable peeler to peel the squash.
Serve the whole roasted garlic cloves in their skin and let each person squeeze out the garlic flesh to eat.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Scatter the squash, courgettes, onion, garlic and 2 of the rosemary sprigs into a large roasting tin. Pour over 2 tablespoons of the oil and toss all together with freshly grated black pepper. Spread out in a single layer and roast for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, rub the top of the chicken breasts with just a little of the remaining oil, season, then lay a sprig of rosemary along each one. Drape a slice of prosciutto over the rosemary and chicken, tucking it in underneath. Sit the chicken breasts on top of the partly-cooked vegetables and drizzle over the rest of the oil.
3. Roast for another 20 minutes, then scatter in the beans, gently stirring them in amongst the vegetables. Roast for a further 5 minutes to heat through and until the chicken is cooked and the proscuitto crisp. Season to taste. Remove the rosemary sprigs and garnish with a scattering of finely chopped fresh rosemary.
Want to see more? Take a look at all of our one pot recipes.
Rate This Recipe