- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 bulb fennel, cut into 1cm slices
- 2 tbsp tarragon, roughly chopped
- 2 x 400 g tins ready cooked puy lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, zested
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 150 ml double cream
- 4 salmon fillets, skinless
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
2. Put the fennel, tarragon, puy lentils, lemon zest and garlic into a large, ovenproof dish. Stir all the ingredients together and pour over the double cream. Season, stir again, and transfer, uncovered, to the oven for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the dish from the oven and give everything a good stir. Place the salmon fillets on top of the bed of vegetables. Season well with salt and pepper and drizzle a little olive oil over each fillet.
4. Return to the oven for 15-20 minutes until the salmon is cooked through and has turned opaque pink. Serve immediately.
For more ways with salmon, take a look at our top 10 salmon recipes
Rate This Recipe