- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 5 mins resting
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 large red onion, very finely sliced
- 350 g waxy potatoes
- 1 pinches freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 6 eggs, organic
- 115 g creamy goats' cheese
- 55 g wild rocket
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 Parma ham, slices
1. Heat two tablespoons of the olive oil in a 20cm heavy-based non-stick frying pan. Add in the onion and fry for 4-5 minutes, until softened but not coloured.
2. Meanwhile, slice the potatoes really thinly using a mandolin, peeler or the attachment on a food processor. Pat the potato slices dry with kitchen paper, making sure that they are really dry. Add to the frying pan.
3. Add the remaining olive oil to the pan and heat through. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper then toss the potatoes to ensure they are well coated with the oil.
4. Cover the pan and lower the heat. Cook the potatoes for 15- 20 minutes until tender.
5. Whisk the eggs together in a bowl. Crumble in the goats' cheese and season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Tip the onion and potato mixture into a colander or sieve to remove any excess liquid.
7. Give the pan a quick wipe and then return the onion and potato mixture to the pan and heat up.
8. Pour over the egg mixture and give it a quick stir to make sure it is well combined.
9. Reduce the heat to the lowest you can. Cook for a further 10-15 minutes when there should be almost no movement in the mixture.
10. Take a plate which is slightly larger than your pan and invert the tortilla. Carefully slide the tortilla back into the pan and cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
11. Remove from the heat and leave to rest for at least 5 more minutes.
12. To serve, dress the rocket with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Cut the tortilla into four and place a handful of rocket salad on top of each portion. Finish, with a slice of Parma ham. Serve.
Rate This Recipe