- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 large onions, sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 small bunch of thyme
- 2 small eggs
- 150 ml milk
- 125 g goats' cheese
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 25 cm shortcrust pastry, baked blind
1. Set the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Heat half of the olive oil in a saucepan and cook the onions over a moderate heat until softened but not browned.
3. Place the garlic cloves on a small baking tray, drizzle with the remaining oil and bake for 10 minutes, until softened.
4. Squeeze the garlic onto a board and chop it up, then add it to the onions. Add most of the thyme leaves to the mixture.
5. Beat the eggs with the milk.
6. Break the goats' cheese into small chunks and mix with the onions. Add the milk and eggs and stir it all together.
7. Season well and pour into a bought or pre-prepared baked-blind 25cm pastry case.
9. Bake for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining thyme leaves. Leave to cool for 10 minutes and serve in generous wedges with a tomato and herb salad.
Rate This Recipe