- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 duck breast
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 1-2 pinches chinese five spice
- sunflower oil, for frying
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- bunches spring onions, thinly sliced
For the dressing
- ½ limes, juice only
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cm ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
1. Spread some honey over the skin-side of the duck breasts, then sprinkle over some five-spice powder.
2. Put a little sunflower oil into a hot, heavy-based frying pan, then add the duck breasts, skin side down. When the skin is crispy, turn once and allow to cook through. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
3. For the dressing: in a large mixing bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients until well combined.
4. Add the carrot, cucumber, cabbage and spring onions, and toss to combine.
5. To serve, slice the duck breast thinly and add to the salad.
Rate This Recipe