- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the noodles
- 2-3 stripswholewheat or buckwheat noodles
- 1-2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- small handfulchopped coriander
- soy sauce, to taste
For the stir-fry
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 2x180 g chicken breasts
- 3 cm grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200 g small pak choi, quartered
- 100 g sugar snap peas or mangetout
- 1 small orange pepper, seeds removed and sliced into strips
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 100 g tips of asparagus
- bunch spring onions, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1/2 orange, grated zest and juice
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
1. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain well and toss together with the sesame oil, sesame seeds and coriander. Season with a little soy sauce and keep hot whilst making the stir-fry.
2. Heat the oil in a hot wok and add the chicken, ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes, until the chicken has turned opaque.
3. Add all of the vegetables and orange zest. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes before adding the orange juice, soy sauce and honey.
4. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the sauce has reduced and thickened and the vegetables are lightly cooked, but still retaining a little crunch.
5. Serve in bowls with the noodles.
Rate This Recipe