- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: medium
- 4 sheets leaf gelatine
- 5 tbsp water
- 3 oranges, juice and finely grated zest only
- 475 ml orange puree, (buy frozen)
- 425 ml double cream
- 50 g caster sugar
For the sugar syrup
- 500 g sugar
- 500 ml water
For the coulis
- 1 punnet blackcurrants
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- whipped cream
1. Lightly oil four dariole moulds.
2. Soak the gelatine in the water for about 5 minutes until soft.
3. For the sugar syrup: combine the sugar and water in a large pan, and stir well. Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved completely. Bring to the boil, and cook for 3 minutes. Allow to cool to warm.
4. Add the gelatine to the warm syrup, stirring until it dissolves. This will take about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
5. Add the orange zest and juice and the orange purée. Chill for 25-30 minutes until on the point of setting, but not yet quite set.
6. Whisk the double cream with the caster sugar and fold in the fruit jelly mixture. Pour into the lightly oiled moulds and chill until set.
7. For the coulis: heat the blackcurrants and sugar in a pan until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and cook gently for 3 minutes. Push the mixture through a sieve.
8. To serve: turn the bavarois out of the mould onto a serving plate and serve with the blackcurrant coulis and whipped cream.
Rate This Recipe