- Serves: Makes 20 biscuits
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 mins resting for dough
- Effort: easy
- 60 g blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 60 g candied orange peel, roughly chopped
- zest of 1 oranges, finely grated
- 45 g plain flour
- 60 g unsalted or lightly salted butter
- 60 g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
1. Place the almonds and candied peel into a food processor and whizz until finely chopped.
2. Add the grated orange zest, flour, butter and suagr and whizz again. Pour in the milk and process until the mixture forms a smooth dough.
3. Roll the dough into a log with a diameter of about 2.5 to 3.5cm and wrap in cling film. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 160°C/gas 3 and line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking parchment.
5. Remove the dough from the fridge and cut into thin slices. Lay the biscuits on the baking sheets and bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden around the edges.
6. Remove from the oven and store in an airtight tin.
Rate This Recipe