- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- zest of half a seville oranges, pared off in wide strips
- 1 tbsp Brandy or Grand Marnier brandy
- 115 g granulated sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 600 ml whipping cream
- candied orange peel, for decoration
1. Preheat the oven to 160ºC/gas 3.
2. Simmer the orange rind in water for 2 minutes, then drain.
3. In a food processor blend together the rind, brandy, orange juice, sugar and egg yolks.
4. Heat the cream in a saucepan, bringing to the boil.
Stir the cream into the orange juice mixture. Taste the mixture and add more orange juice or sugar if required.
5. Pour the orange mixture into 8 or 10 small ramekins. Place the ramekins in a baking tray and pour hot water around into the tray around the ramekins.
6. Bake the orange custards for 30 minutes or so, until just set.
7. Serve the custards warm or lightly chilled, each decorated with a piece of candied orange peel.
Rate This Recipe